Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Black Sheep of Wisconsin


I'm still trying to decide if I'm witty enough to have my own food blog.
Or tech-savvy enough.
Or if my camera can hack it.
But food.. ahhh, food!!
Cooking.. baking... entertaining, now these things I enjoy!

While others get excited about shopping for clothes or jewelry, I hear new restaurants calling my name and dream of the day I live within an hour's drive of a Trader Joe's. Growing up in a traditional Midwestern "Meat and Potatoes" home, somehow I emerged as a vegetable-loving, seafood-eating carbo-phile. I like to joke that I'm the Black Sheep of Wisconsin -- I'm as proud of the Green and Gold as any Cheesehead, though I can't stomach a bratwurst to save my life.. beer makes me crinkle my nose.. and my idea of cheese is not cheddar, but gorgonzola, feta, or bleu.

Things you won't see here:
  • Eggs (in the form of breakfast food) : I burn them, and generally am not a fan of being up early enough to eat them
  • Red meats : A good venison dish on occasion, but overall we roll more with the white meat
  • Fondant: Not yet, anyway. I'm still not quite sure how to pronounce it.








No comments: