Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Albeit one day late, I say we spread the love and stretch out the red/white/pink celebration for an entire week. <-- Is she making excuses for posting late? or truly 'spreading the love'? You'll never know..

I didn't actually intend for this message to be late, but .. well.. I'll explain in a minute... so although the mister and I tend to avoid extravagantly celebrating the holiday, we have had fun the past two years with the LittleOne making crafty-but-simple homemade valentines to send to family members and her favorite little baby friends.

Though I will admit to helping with a few aesthetic touches, the stamps and stickers were almost entirely positioned by my 13 month old -- and she had a blast! Once she realized that the stickers would stay where she pressed them, we were on a roll. And here I was thinking that it would be a year or so before "craft time" could be a family event!

This year's valentines were extra special, as she had some big news to share -- hence the postponed postage of this message -- call me considerate, but I wanted to make sure that the grandparents were all alerted to the latest in the event they stumbled online and came across a blog post about it. Scratch that, I'm actually laughing outloud to myself about the prospect of that because my dear parents are still clicking on pop-ups that tell them they just won a $100 Target giftcard. I wish I were kidding. But, you know, just in case they found out what a blog was and decided to scour google.com to see if their daughter had one.

In any respect, I was thinking of you all yesterday and hoping that you had a warm and wonderful Valentine's Day! XOXO








5 comments:

Brandi said...

Hooray for babies!

Congratulations to you and your [uber cute] little family!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! so very exciting :)

Unknown said...

Congrats again!!! So excited to spread the news now! Adorable Valentine :)

Guenevere said...

Yay! We had a feeling you might be expecting! :)
Best wishes for a very healthy, happy pregnancy! I am sure Miss A will be an excellent big sister!

Unknown said...

SO exciting! Congrats to you:)